TVuUFXBTS6Y17ZBZqqmxz2zB_Ro

google analytics

Monday, December 10, 2012

Kids Christmas books

In getting with the season, I thought I would do some reviews of favorite Christmas books in our house!
I will do one or two a day. These are all older books, but classic.
Grab a drink...mine is iced tea today, and enjoy!

Wee Mouse Christmas

By Alyssa Satin Capucilli


  • Children's book
  • pop-up book
  • my rating is 5 out of 5 stars
      The first thing you notice with this book is the front cover. It has a delightful picture of mice mixed in with presents and a wreath. It brings you in the story from the start. The story is a clever one of the mice family experiencing Christmas. You see how Wee Mouse explores the house and sees the best thing he knows  of Christmas. He can't wait to share his "surprise" with the whole mouse family. You go on the adventure with him as he finds his family behind the flaps. Then he brings them with him back to where he found the surprise and they see the wonderful Christmas tree with the pile of gifts below it. The way the tree flaps out just makes it seem all the more thrilling. 
       This is a short and too the point book, but you are so quickly involved that you don't notice the length of the story. It is such a cute book. Your kids, and you, are sure to love it. 
       When my son was younger we would read this book many times a day throughout the Christmas season. Many of the flaps have been lovingly torn due to the amount of times read over the years.
Even though my son is a teenager, this book is still fun to look at and remember the feeling of reading it for the first time.



Disclosure:  I did not receive any compensation for this review. The opinions are my own. This is a review from my own book collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to receive and reply to comments. Your comment with appear after it has been approved.